Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Decision

After weeks of taking western medication followed by Chinese medicine, I made a decision to change my diet and eat anti-histamine foods to get rid of this lingering cough. So for the next 3 months, I will bid goodbye to my favourite desserts and eat the following and see how I do:
  1. Vegetables - Bell Peppers, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Garlic, Green Beans, Spring Onions, Kale, Leeks, Olives, Spinach, Sweet potatoes, Tomatoes
  2. Fruits - Apples, Avocados, Pineapple, Guavas, Kiwifruit, Lemons, Papaya
  3. Nuts - Almonds, Flaxseed/Linseed, Hazelnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts
  4. Fish - Cod, Herring, Salmon, Sardines, Snapper Fish, Striped Bass, Tuna
  5. Drink - Green tea, lots of water
  6. Supplements - Quercetin, Omega 3 fatty acids, Bromelain, Vitamin C
  7. What to cut down on - animal protein intake, dairy, wheat and gluten products, artificial sweeteners and sugar

No comments: