Monday, March 12, 2007

Changing perspective

I've been shortsighted since I was nine from reading all kinds of storybooks in bed. Putting on my glasses really does make a difference for me. Recently, I've acquired a new pair of glasses called "coaching" and it's changing the way I look at people and myself. I especially like this statement that a coach shared - mentoring is imparting to a person my knowledge and experience; coaching is drawing out from the person what is already in them - it's believing that they already have the answers and simply providing the support that they need to find them. That's truly empowering!

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Hi Jackie,

I share your joys in being empowered by changing perspective.

Did you metioned that your blogging attempt is in the infancy stage? if this is what you call infancy stage (VERY NEAT, VERY NICE), can you imagine what would it look like when it is in its maturity? Keep up the fabulous job!

alternative-mom said...

First time I'm reading your blog and I like the way the thoughts are expressed. I like that perspective of 'coaching'. Thanks for the sharing! It's empowering, like you have mentioned!